11.10.2009

Sew. What's new?

Besides taking care of my family, who have one by one all succumbed to the flu/sinus/cough crappies that are floating around, I've been hard at work tackling projects using up what I have around here.  The biggest is sewing new cushion covers for this:


I'm using up the extra drop clothes I got when I did my drapes, and I've painted the wood frame with paint I already had.  I'm hoping to add a throw pillow too.  So far I've made the pattern pieces and cut everything out, sewed up piping and made the pleated skirt.  
 

Today I hope to get the zippered gusset made, and maybe even start sewing it all together.  I'm being hopeful here guys.  I know there's a couple challenges ahead of me, like the tufted buttons and the hangy things for the back cushion.  My hope is to have it done by the end of the week so I can finish up a few other crafty projects that have been waiting in the wings over the weekend....and have everything ready for



I'm getting pretty stoked thinking about how clean and organized my craft room will be November 17th.  Or at least how easily I can walk from the doorway to my sewing machine.  Ok, maybe it will be nice just to get the door open. 

okaybye.

7 comments:

Its So Very Cheri said...

I've looked around and I love your blog and clicked to follow--hope you'll come by and do the same. I love meeting new people and getting to know them.
Cheri

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Oh I can't wait to see what you have got up your sleeve you talented crafty girl! Are you peeking in my windows? I am doing an upholstery project also for your party. Nothing as fancy schmancy as yours though!

Can't wait to see it all done!

Claudia said...

Can't wait to see how it turns out! I have to get my gumption up and make a slipcover for our ratty old (but very comfortable) chair!

Autum said...

Oh, I can't wait to see this! I know it will be wonderful! I have a drop cloth in the washer right now that I plan to use for a slipcover.

Catherine @ van Breugel Design said...

Hi Cindy I can't wait to see how your slip cover turns out! I'm looking forward to joining in on the party too! See ya soon!

Oh yeah, I made a quick trip into US today to buy Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint - it seems they don't sell it here in Canada. Anyways I got it now and am looking for stuff to spray. Thanks for the inspiration!

Janean said...

Cindy, cannot wait to see how it turns out. yay!!! and the photo of your darling daughter and you...extra special knowing she's a grown woman. where does the time go?

Karyn @ Candarbry Garden said...

Your post made me giggle today! Thank You! I too will be heading in to clear out the craft room! I haven't been able to work in there for months! I want to know where everyone is getting the drop clothes? My hardware store seems to only have plastic. Or am I just not looking with the right eyes? Thanks for the great ideas! KARYN

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails