11.18.2009

Roadkill Rescue

This is old news, but I can't pass up a link party :)  Infarrantly Creative is hosting a 'Roadkill Rescue' party in which whatever we show off MUST have been free.  And Sanctuary Arts at Home  is having a before and after party too.  I'm featuring the desk I got for helping my friend with her mom's estate.  If you've seen this before, just move along to your next feed.

She started out looking like this:

 

I cleaned off the years of dust and nicotine buildup with some a ton of Liquid Sander, then went to work painting her all pretty-like.  Now she looks like this:


 

Here she is in my finished dining room...



I used paint I already had, and reused the hardward she came with, so this rescue was FREE!

Lots of other rescues over there, so make the jump:



okaybye.

19 comments:

Gwen said...

She is a beauty! I have been looking for a piece like that for my bedroom.

Gretchen said...

Oh how GORGEOUS! I just love it!

Lo said...

very pretty!!

Mama Byrd said...

I LOVE it. so pretty

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

I love it - that it's now painted white, that it didn't cost a thing, and that it didn't end up in the landfill and found a happy home with you...

xo,
-maria

Kortnie said...

That looks so good!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love it. I never see any roadside pieces. I don't think people do that here. Your desk is just gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Crystal said...

Its so pretty.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I love your rescue... it looks fantastic!!

Unknown said...

Shes SOOO pretty!! Well done hun...a fantastic makeover x
Annie x

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

You did a fantastic job and what a great freebie.

Mandi Shandi said...

WOW! It looks like you bought it for that space. Way to go!

Infarrantly Creative said...

Wow that is beautiful. The white really made the shape of the desk pop. What a great freebie. Thanks for linking up.

Unknown said...

It looks awesome...and it's perfect in the spot you have it in!!!

BTW, I LOVE your header pic!

:) T

Julia said...

Just beautiful! I have a question for you though....do you know what color your walls are painted? I'm so tired of picking the wrong color and it looks similar to what I'm looking for. Thank you!!

Su said...

Super gorgeous! I love the white.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

It is just gorgeous! What a find! I love your dining room, too!

xxoo
becky

Recaptured Charm said...

I absolutely LOVE that. It fits perfectly in that little corner too. Looks fabulous.
Lisa

Free Art Printables said...

I love it! it looks gorgeous!!! It's a brand new piece! Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails