11.22.2009

Make it for Monday #1


I haven't done much promotion for this new weekly link party, but even if I'm the only participant at least I got something done!  I'm still chipping away at projects....and I just took on a BIG project that I will talk about soon (it's a creative endeavor, but doesn't entail decorating...and no, I'm not preggers.)  So now it's even more important that I budget my time and get cracking on that cra(p)ft room.

So my project this week was itty-tiny, but fun none the less.  I picked up 4 happy red stripped cotton dish towels at IKEA for .49 ea.  Thought I'd make a pillow out of two of them, but instead I just stenciled some happy Christmas words on them.  See?


 

My seasonal decorating will be almost entirely white and natural elements this year with pops of red, so these will be a nice little touch.  I think.

So, link up if you've got a project, craft, makeover, cute kid, etc to show off.
Put the link to your actual post (not your blog, please) and in your post please link back to this post or add my button. Code is on my sidebar.
 Leave comment love for everyone too...we all like to feel connected :o)
Mr. MckLinky will be open 8:00 EST (Indiana).


17 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Cindy... those are so cute! So simple! But I love them!
gail

Unknown said...

very sweet! maybe I will link up?

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The tea towels are just gorgeous. I love them. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Good idea, Cindy! I like the lettering you used for your stencils. Very cute!

Nancy

Heidi said...

Love those tea towels, simple, yet elegant, love the colors too!

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

I love those! Very nice! I don't have anything for this week due to being out of town ... but I have something I am cooking up for next week! :) Great idea on the party!

Tootsie said...

Oh I wish I would have known about this!!! next week for sure. I am posting that make it for monday in my sidebar to remind me...hope you don't mind!

Blue Creek Home said...

I love kitchen towels!!! Yours are fun.
Thanks for hosting a new party!
Rhonda

Katie said...

I have those same towels, used them last year to stamp wreaths and berries onto. Wanted to try the technique but without spending a ton on the towels in case I ruined them. Might try them again but with better towels, I'd like them to be crisper looking and those aren't even after I ironed and ironed them. Very cute stencils, I like that much better than the wreaths I did.

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

I recently went to Ikea for my first visit and also purchased 12 of these towels...couldn't resist for .49! What a wonderful idea to stencil on them...hummmm!
Thanks for sharing.
Susie

Elisa said...

Cindy - I love your tea towels! I really like the "font" too. These remind me of tea towels in Switzerland. They are usually embroidered or stenciled with something fun & simple.

Claudia said...

I may steal that idea, Cindy. Perfectly beautiful and simple. Thanks for letting me know about your Make it for Monday - I have linked up and put your button on my post!

xo
Claudia

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Hey! Thanks for the invite! I'm all linked up!

Roeshel said...

Love the stenciled letters - perfect touch! Darn! I didn't finish anything this past weekend! >:(

I hope to finish something in time for next week though! Thanks for hosting such a great party! I can't wait to check out the links!

I'm so curious about what you're up to! I love the suspense!

Have a great Thanksgiving week!
Roeshel

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Hey, thought I'd crash the party late and see what's up! Sorry I don't have anything new to link up. I think everyone and their dog has seen my stuff to date.

This week is weird. I could show the pile of pine needles I swept up, or, yeah.. maybe all the tools strewn down my hallway! No? Ok, I'll wait till my projects are abit prettier.

Love your tea towels! That is a cool idea.

Donna

Ramsey said...

Thanks for the toboggan complement. They were easy and fun to make. Don't forget to enter my giveaway this week!

Jane@Little House of Projects said...

I love these! I really like it when someone takes the time to personalize items they have in their homes. Thanks for having the party!
Jane

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails