11.27.2009

Christmas Past Crafty-Craft.

I'm officially into Christmas Decorating Mode, but don't have anything finished to show you yet....so I pulled some pictures of crafty stuff I've done in years past.  These are all from my last house (which I miss *tearing up*).  Sometime I plan to show you before and afters from that place....so you know I'm not just a crazy lady taking on the redo of our current dated home....

Here's an advent calendar I made one year.  I was into happy green, apple red, and tiffany blue combos.

Here's a closer look:


I cut out the tags, and wrote bits of the Christmas story on each one and stuck them in the little bags with a stick of fruit stripe gum (remember that?)  I used those wee tiny clothes pins to hang them by the coordinating ribbons.  The kiddos took turns pulling out a tag and reading the next part of the story. Then they chomped the gum.

I also made felt stockings that year for all 6 kids and the 1 kid-in-law I had that year.  We've been using these for 4 years now, so this year I'm making new ones (plus I added another kid-in-law who needs one!)

Got most of the trim on sale, thank goodness, and this was my first all-out-attempt at using a glue gun.  I've never looked back!  Well, except when I burn my fingers using it...then I use bad words and curse it to the place from whence it came.  Anyway, this year when I make my stockings, they're gonna be smaller, 'cause as much as I love my offspring, stuffing those stockings is getting EXPENSIVE...not to mention exhausting after all the Christmas Eve festivities and the 6AM stampede.

Here's what Santa left that Christmas....this is just before the mad 6AM stampede down the stairs.


*sigh* I miss that house.  But don't tell hubby.
okaybye.

9 comments:

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

I love the advent calendar. What a nice way to tell the Christmas story.

Unknown said...

A lovely way to combine the Christmas Story and an Advent Calendar.

Thanks.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Such lovely decorations and so meaningful for the Christmas Season.

Miss Mustard Seed said...

The advent calendar is such a cute idea. I really wanted to make one this year, but I just didn't get to it. I need to get on that earlier for next year.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

That gum is so much fun! And the thought behind it brilliant. You totally inspire me.

Donna

Catherine @ van Breugel Design said...

What a good mom you are! Your kids must have loved that advent calendar!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

And now here you are at my partay!! Thanks for linking this sweet idea up to SNS #7!

FJ Donna

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

It all looks great. I'm loving your cute stockings. Adorable.

Ruth MacC said...

I really like your advent calendar, very pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails