11.04.2009

Sometimes ya just gotta tell the world. I'm Wowed.

Folks, having been on this decorating bloggy journey for such a short time, I'm flippin' amazed at the great friends I've made already. I'm inspired every single day by the talent and tutorials out there.  I'm WOWED by the generosity and humor I've experienced.  I'd been thinking about having a monthly (weekly?) post featuring Bloggers (and their blogs) who really go over the top, so I'm going for it today. This Wednesday I'm Wowed by:  



Funky Junk Interiors
Though she prolly needs no introduction in blogland, let me introduce you to Donna....of Funky Junk Interiors fame. So many things to love about her and her incredibly awesome blog!  She featured little old me awhile back and I was so flattered and overwhelmed!  She likes me.  Kooky Lady.  That'd be me, not Donna.  Anyway. She also has this 'today's hot find' widget each day where she features well, today's hot find.  Guess who it is today???? *snicker*

Donna fills her blog with down-to-earth decorating inspiration, fabulous photos, blogging help, tutorials, interviews and features of other bloggy gals, a great sense of humor and a link party to boot.  I adore her funky style and her out-of-the-box thinking when using her junk finds.  She elevates the mundane and passed-over into gorgeousness in the extreme.  She's not afraid to experiment, ask opinions, and change her mind.  She's basically wonderful. I think she's achieved the perfect balance on her blog between personal touches, graciousness, inspiration, fun and usefulness.  Don't change a thing Donna! Here, see for yourself:

Her entryway with the (in)famous horse gate coat rack..


Kitchen with the board and batten backsplash...
 

A funky coffeetable...
 

Her displaying pizazz....
 

Her mantle *swoon*
 

Unique drape treatment! Love this....
 

Random beauty....
 

Her amazing bedroom...
 
Um, Donna, we're wondering about this one....
 


But you look confident, so we'll go with you here....



See?  Told ya so.  I thrive over at her place.  Donna is so positive, real, and talented.  If you aren't already following her, what's your problem?  :o)

I'm Wowed this Wednesday by Miss Funky Junk Donna.  *smooches* 

10 comments:

Abatevintage said...

Wow that entry way is devine, I just want to sit down a bit and relax it looks so warm and inviting.

Blessings,
Heidi

Pine Tree Home said...

That dresser is really inspiring...can't wait to find my way over to her blog. Thanks for sharing.

Flat Creek Farm said...

I'm wowed daily at FJI. That sign headboard is what led me to her blog in the first place. I'm also wowed here, Cindy! I'm late to the party, but I love the dining room! -Tammy

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Her entryway got me going there. I love it! You are just as fab though! In fact, the pic of her on her sidebar resembles you! Both of you are so talented you could be long lost sisters!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, such wonderful inspiration. I love it all. Now to borrow some of her fabulous ideas. Hugs, Marty

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for sharing Donna. Love her imagination.
And I love your spark and the excitment I feel from you.


Come for a visit and I'll serve you hot cider and a donut.

cindy@stitches

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

Oh my goodness, I love it! Thanks for sharing. I think your blog spotlight idea is great....love your blog, you 'decorating bloggers' are so so inspiring. I'm ready to do some new and fun things around this old house. I've been stuck in such a 'Pottery Barn' rut.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

LOL I'm still laffin' at the last part!

Ah Cindy, you're the bestest. :) Thanks so much for the spotlight! I love your idea of the feature on Wednesdays. And I'm equally honored to be the first!

This is kinda funny... after posting that last pile of riff raff on the lawn, it was 1am when I bolted awake in bed and ran for the computer, wanting to take that last picture out. LOL!! Then I decided, nooo.. this is the real deal, how I figure stuff out. The end result may not end up like that pile, but then it may. That's exactly how I develope my ideas. My thought process is very sporatic and runs hot and cold with ideas so I run with it when it's hot.

The looks are pretty hilarous when people come through my house with no warning. I most certainly let them in, but they have no idea why weird stuff is propped here and there. They think it's 'done.' And I just let them think what they will. :) It would take me 5 months to explain why this is here and that is there.. much more fun to have coffee and watch their looks. harhar!

Anyway, thanks for your bloggy friendship. I think you're an absolute hoot, super sharp with a camera and your witt, and you flat out do some great work to that house of yours. Thanks for sharing your successes with us!

And may you all enjoy that last failure to be of mine.. hee...

FJ Donna

rebekahweckerly@gmail.com said...

Hi, Cindy!! I just discovered her blog the other day!! Her entry...OH SO WOW!!!!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Cindy! Where's yer button?!? I need to put you in my 'featured by' column. :) For now, I've posted kooky lady in a sidebar widget. My son is playing this weird video game that has a erie circus tune going and it's the perfect fit for cage lady. Eeerie..

FJ Donna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails