11.17.2009

White Wednesday #22

The Mister and I went on a date the other night to Half-Price Books.  I could spend about 900 years perusing the Home Decor and Crafting section, but that night I just spent about an hour.  I scored two of my all time favorite books, both by Victoria.  Bedrooms and At Home with White.  Both are a tribute to the timeless, classic look of all things white, chippy, cottagey, beachy, and vintage. 


At Home with White was published in '96, and none of the pictures are 'out of date'.  I was hard pressed to find anything to denote when the book was made as I was drooling over each image.  This book was my first love, the first time I ever poured over each page in a book a dozen times, the first time I said "THIS" is my look.  I checked it out of the library more times than I can count, always renewing it.....forgot about it for a bit.....then rediscovered it in the last few years and fell in love all over again.  I never tire of the vignettes, the lushness, the simplicity. 

The following are just pictures I took with my camera of the images in the book as it sat in my lap, so they're blurry and weird, but you get the idea.  Bliss.  Bliss. Bliss.

 
 
 
 
 

Happy White Wednesday everyone.  Thanks again to Kathleen of Faded Charm for hosting every week so we can get our fix on white everything.

okaybye.

13 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I have this book and I agree...it's still in style!!! I also have this thing about decorating books...I LOVE THEM!!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Abatevintage said...

Oh what a great White post, I love it the designs are so elegant and tranquill.


Happy Holidays

♥´¨)
¸.+´¸.•*´¨) ¸.+*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.+´♥ Heidi ♥

Catherine @ van Breugel Design said...

Hi Cindy, My Hubby and I have date nights at the bookstore all the time. I guess we don't get out much. Love the pics!

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

Perfect white post! Love it all. I'm not too at home with white...as in walls and furniture, but I LOVE old white accents.

Unknown said...

I couldn't pull it off decorating all white, but I LOVE it! So calming and peaceful.

Nancy

Ticking and Toile said...

Hi Cindy!!
I *L o V e* your slipcover!!! You should be proud of yourself because the whole thing looks gorgeous! I love the painted black & LOVE the pleats!

I also really like your post today...what a timeless book!

Thanks so much for the suggestions on the other blogs to visit for stair ideas...I'm off to check them out now!

Shellagh

Ticking and Toile said...

I totally forgot to mention your family getting over the flu! That must have taken A LOT out of you....I was exhausted taking care of my daughter for 6 days....I'm so glad you are better. Love your blog...probably already told you but I do!

Shellagh

Claudia said...

That is indeed a fantastic book - glad you got a copy!

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

I have that book too and never tire of reading it. The photos are gorgeous. This is a book that will be in my library for a long long time.
Great post!
~Debra Capers of the Vintage Vixens

Miss Gracie's House said...

Those are my *favorites*! Enjoy...
Rene'
PS Never got a chance to say how cute your rocker loveseat turned out...very nice...and good for you on keeping the party going...will see if it motivates me...I really just need to clean house! Loved your extreme home post BTW...now you know why I only do vignette shots and not panoramic...

Julie said...

I love At Home With White too!! ;-)
Thanks for the neat post.

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

Atlanta Bartlett's book, also called At Home with White (hmmm) is one of my absolute favorites...

-maria

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails