1.09.2010

Yeah. *That* was a wake-up call.


courtesty of komets.com

Went to the hockey game last night.  With hubs and the boys.  Teenaged girls got a pass.  I kinda wanted a pass because I've started in on my master bedroom, showing her some love with a delicious new paint job. Kinda rushed outta the house without caring how I looked...I mean, this is hockey in the midwest, I'll be surrounded by bright orange wigs and jerseys and folks who've had too much beer and/or sugar right? Who's gonna notice me?

Anyway, the coliseum was pretty full, 'cause our farm team is pretty good, and they always do these random shots of the crowd on the big hangy-downy scoreboard thing in the middle.  During one break while they were prolly cleaning up the blood from yet another fight, they did a 'kissing cam'.  You know what's coming, eh?


google images

So in front of umpteen thousand rabid hockey fans, my covered-in-paint, clad-in-sweats-and-oversized-TURQUOISE-sweater, no-make-up-hair-in-a-pony, slouched-down-in-a-seat-with-twizzlers-and-roasted-pecans-in-my-lap self was suddenly larger than life on the jumbotron for all to behold.  Of course I obliged and laid a big one on the hubster for all the adoring fans, but my humiliation is now set in the annals of my personal history.


At least I wasn't picking my nose like the old guy earlier in the evening, or the woman who noticed herself on the mega screen and mouthes "Oh Sh*t" and refuses to kiss her husband.  I may be fat and ugly, but boy howdy at least I'll play along.....


me in like 1983, screwball as ever



I think there's prolly another makeover in the wings, one that involves this 42 year old bod and her habits when showing herself in public.  Boy, I'm just full of inspiration today.


18 comments:

Hildie said...

Poor you! At least you didn't look bad and run into an old boyfriend. That's the worst!!!

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

Oh my gosh, that is 'HEELARIOUS!' It's Murphy's Law I tell ya, Murphy's Law. I got a 'senior citizen' discount at GoodWill the other day. Um, I'm about 10 years away from that.....it's seriously bothering me..I'm tempted to go back and say 'there's been a mistake'.

Susan said...

How funny. I am usually out in sweats. I think sometimes I spend so much time focusing on my house looking nice that I forget about myself!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Well, maybe this gives me a wakeup call for sure. I seem to rush out of the house and hardly even comb my hair way too often. I should get my act in gear. Funny story and I love the pic. Hugs, Marty

Heidi said...

haha! sorry to laugh at your pain, but that is hysterical! I always get SO nervous when we are at a game and they start doing that, panic attack mode, my palms get all sweaty, my eyes get shifty...haha

Patricia said...

hey... at least you were there and could write about it and really aside from your loved ones who is even going to know?
life is too short not to "dance when you are or are not asked"

Lori said...

Oh Cindy ~ this is priceless! It is like if you are in the middle of a project, have to run to the store for something looking like hell and run into someone you have not seen in years. You can hear them say "she's really let herself go downhill hasn't she" as they walk away! Yeah ~ priceless for sure!

~ Regan said...

Hahaha..... Oh my.. hahaaha...

You're awesome. And at least if anyone at the game was making small talk and asked, "Oh, yeah? So what color did you pick for your room?" You could just point to a splatter and say, "This color!" ;)

Marianne said...

Funny story. I bet everyone will remember you for that big fat kiss you gave your husband and not for your paintspots! Any tips for me for my bedroom makeover, it is high on my resolutions list for 2010!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Now wouldn't that have been something if the DIY blog crowd had gathered there for a major convention that night. We could finally have met you! DARN IT.

Great story! LOL

Donna

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

I just loved reading that story. So funny! All I can say is at least you wore turquoise, which is THE colour for 2010.

DustyLu said...

Thank you for making me laugh so hard. Great story to start my Sat. Thanks for sharing. lulu

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Cindy sweetie...
This is priceless. You know my hubbie always tells me to come on, you look beautiful just the way you are. Well to them maybe we do, and you know what Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and that camera man saw beauty in just the way you were. You were there, supporting the team, being yourself and having a good time. That is what he saw, a beautiful woman, who didn't need all the glamours to come to a hockey game. He saw a REAL WOMAN Sweetie. It is called a natural beauty and that is why he focused on you.

You weren't like all the other women who came hoping to gain their moment of fame on the screen. I love it, and I am so proud of you. You Go Girl.

Have a beautiful Saturday sweetie. Country hugs and much love, Sherry

Claudia said...

I bet you looked great and the fact that you played along gets my vote! Good for you!

xoxo
Claudia

GardenOfDaisies said...

Yay for kisses on the jumbotron!! LOL

Tracy said...

That is so darn funny! It reminds me of when I run out hoping I will not see anyone I know and see three or four people I graduated with! You should know when you go out with the "comfy" look, you WILL see someone or be put on the big screen! I bet you were laughing so hard. Have a great evening and thanks for the laugh.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Happens everytime girlfriend. Kinda like when you sneak off to the store real quick, wearing no makeup and the worst fitting clothes you own, and run into a friend, who is of course, looking absolutely gorgeous!!!

I'm sure hubby thinks you are beautiful no matter what. I'd say you look pretty good too.
Nothing to worry about.

hugs~~Sissie

Unknown said...

LOVED this post! We went to a Komet game over the holidays, and wouldn't you know it...... and got on the FLEX CAM. The last time I ahd been to a Komet game was when I was in middle school! Love your blog! It's fun to follow, then realize that you must live so close! friedtfun @ gmail . com Jeni

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails