1.16.2010

Been playin'

Started fiddling with my new camera having almost given up hope that it would take a decent shot. Ya know, sometimes it helps to read the instructions.
Just sayin'.

A bit of the mundane found on my desk, made purty-like.


A bar of my handmade soap with calendula petals in focus.
 

Some close-ups of a cluster of my anniversary roses in a tiny vase-like carafe-thing, of which I got three at goodwill (.50 ea!)


 

 

 

Playin' with the B&W setting.
 

In other news, these were taken with my old camera, but I simply HAD to show you....my daughter (center) just before performing 'Thriller' at half-time.  Aren't they hideous?  But they were totally awesome!
(click to enlarge...if ya dare)


 

Sorta resembles me a little *too* much when I get up in the morning.  Hmmmm.

Don't forget Make it for Monday....MckLinky revs up tomorrow evening at 6 pm EST.  I'll post highlights from this past week, plus I might actually have a decent project to share.  Besides pretty pictures from my new camera. You just never know.

12 comments:

DustyLu said...

Those are great photos. Doing very well. Your daughters and friends costumes are great! Lulu

Amy@TheLemonCottage said...

Loving your photos! :)

Ahhh... Thriller.
Takes me back. (more years then I want to say) to one of my dance recitals.
Cool costumes!
~Amy

~ Regan said...

Great Photos!! What kind of camera did you get again? I really need a new one!! One that is good at taking close up shots- sometimes digital cam's are terrible at those- my kodak was proof of that.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great photos and your blog header is amazing.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I love your photos. Isn't it funny how you can take something ordinary and make it spectacular with a good photo....Love the picture of your daughter and friends...their costumes were great,
uh, they are costumes aren't they????LOL

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Looks like you got the hang of it...those pics are looking gooood!

Blessings,
Linda

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

Sooo enjoyed your pics....good job girl! Keep up the good work. I always enjoy your posts, always interesting and creative!

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Susie

Suzann said...

FUN photos. Your daughter and her "girls" look awesome.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Cindy... very cool pics! New toys are fun, aren't they?
Painted tables... painted the top of my 2 little ikea tables. Painted the coffee table and stained the top. shhh I'm keeping all that a secret for now. :)
I still have lots to do, and I need to round the corner and start on the hall!
Happy Sunday!
gail

The Decorating Diaries said...

Very pretty pictures! Look forward to more.

Janet

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

Fun fun fun....your daughter looks just like you...I mean that in a good way, like under all that makeup! Maybe I oughta read the directions to my camera........

Dreams of Perfection said...

I love the pics of your daughter! They look awesome. The pics of the roses are so sweet and pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails