12.04.2011

Dining Room in Glitterfied Rusticness.

PSSSST...I'm no longer blogging here!
You can now find me at

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I started this blog just so I could make up words.
And you seriously didn't think I could avoid adding some sparkle to my holly days after last year, didja?


I mean, yeah, I stuck with my rustic theme, pinecones and greens and such
...but by golly I had to add some bling.


And when you find mercury glass accessories at 70% off,
well while I pondered for a nano-second, they just jumped right into my cart.


Then there were some sparkly glass pinecones kinda needing to show-off for their real-live counterparts.


See?  How could I deny them the spotlight?


I had fun stringing all the pearly cream and brown ornaments together with a few random ones hanging alongside the pretty pinecones...



The room is all warm and glowy.


The wee hutch got some glittery goodness too.
(sneak peek of the tree too...)



I love those wee mercury glass pinecone ornaments in the apothecary jar. 
 I want to marry them.



Here's a few extra touches I added here and there.
Or hither and thither.
I think every room needs a touch of chocolate brown.
It's the new black, according to me.




Oh yeah, and out back I made a wee wintry vignette,
which is not very glittery, but awfully full of rusticness.
And burlap.
Oy.


Here's the view from my kitchen
('nother peek at the tree...)


So that's the dining room.
Just need to fill those old windows with some sepia prints of all my kids.
Doing that hopefully tomorrow.


Linking to some of the awesome linkies in my sidebar HERE
I'll also bring my dining room to The Lettered Cottage's Table Decor party Dec. 5th,
even though there isn't a single dish on my table.
And The French Country Cottage Vignettes Party Dec. 8th
Funky Junk's Saturday Night Special 111 Dec. 9th
It's Overflowing: Christmas-Scapes Dec. 13th
(links go live the day of the party)

See Ye Olde Mantel HERE
See my Hallway Crafty Christmas Vignette HERE
See the Tannenbaum Trio HERE


19 comments:

Sheila said...

Where is this 70% off mercury glass??????

Autum said...

It is so warm, glitterfied and sparkly Christmasfied. I love it! Mercury glass makes my heart go pitter-patter too.

Leo said...

Beautiful. Love your ornaments...and all your holiday decorations.

Julie Harward said...

I love what you did with your chany..and Christmas would just not be right to me without pine cones..beautiful :D

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

It makes me happy to look over your gorgeous white hutch. Love the way it's decorated right down to the skirt!

Ashley C. said...

It looks beautiful! I'm excited to see the pictures in those window frames - that will look so good! And I'm glad I'm not the only one that makes up words. I figure that's totally your perrogative!

Holly said...

Love love love the hutch! The silver and white and glitter and roses skirt are gorgeous!

KaPaworld said...

Beautiful...I love your white porcelan dishes....The tree looks amazing!!

Comeca Jones said...

That tree is gorgeous.

A Southern Rose said...

Everything looks so beautiful!

MHS 2002 said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog-I love you hung your decor from the light!! Stunning. Also, I was jumping around your blog and was impressed with all you creativity!!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

SO pretty! Yes, warm and glowy and glitterfied, too. But mostly, PRETTY!

Kori said...

I love your house. It's always sooooo pretty.

Tina Schiefer said...

How pretty and sparkly!

...and made-up words are only made-up until they go viral...LOL

Heaven's Walk said...

Heyyyy.....things tend to jump into MY cart, too! lolol! I adore your merc glass - pinecones included - and your pretty tree. Love your skirted hutch too!

xoxo laurie

Heaven's Walk said...

Heyyyy.....things tend to jump into MY cart, too! lolol! I adore your merc glass - pinecones included - and your pretty tree. Love your skirted hutch too!

xoxo laurie

Anonymous said...

Did you know that your digital photo can be printed as a full wall of custom printed wallpaper?
Historical photos are great too.

Unknown said...

I love the tablescape and am obsessed with your hutch!! Where did you find it!??! I'm glad to know about your blog, it's GREAT!

I'm joining 8 bloggers in hosting Blogging Around the Christmas Tree Party and today’s feature is Christmas Scapes at my place! I’d love to have you join up, the party is just beginning!

http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2011/12/christmas-blog-link-party-christmas.html

XO, Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

Unknown said...

You know I love ya! Excited to follow you for further inspiration!!!

Thanks for linking up to my party!
XO, Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails