12.01.2011

Crafty Christmas Vignettes

PSSSST...I'm no longer blogging here!
You can now find me at

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Made merry in the entryway, porches, and our school room /office.  
You may be surprised to see that I used pinecones.  
(If you are, you didn't read yesterday's post.)


Keeping it psuedo real with jackets hanging....
only psuedo because normally all the winter gear isn't chocolate brown to match the decor.  
But you prolly guessed that, savvy readers that you are.


So besides the obligatory pinecones, I added the IKEA tea lights that I burnished 'celebrate' onto a couple year ago.  I get my mileage outta my decor.  
And this year I tried hard not to spend tons on holiday decor, 
since I'm still currently planning to mummify the reception venue in burlap.


 New this year are the glass ornaments I globbed metallic craft paint into and painted the tops.
Also new is the ribbon. 
I love me some ribbon.
Great way to add flair to stuff besides little girl's princess hairdos.


Faux greenery picked up at Dollar Store during the fall.  
But the green works, yeah?


Down the hall is this wee vignette.



I made the framed 'merry' sign by painting a thrift frame in metallic spraypaint (champagne was the color), adding scrapbook sparkle letters to sparkly cardstock, then hot gluing seam tape to the edges.
Easy peasy, mac n' cheesy.
Or something.



Reindeer was found on mega clearance last year somewhere or other.  
Bottle brush items were at Big Lots last year.  
None this year I noticed.


And how 'bout this glitterfied reindeer on my vintage mirror, yeah?  
Oh definitely yeah.


In the office, I festified some mason jars with more painted ornaments (green ones).


We also put up my charlie brown tree in here, but I'll show you that in the tree post.
I didn't do it in gold and pink, though.  
My boys would rebel and refuse to do their schoolwork.


And here's my boys' creation....the annual stale gingerbread house kit.  


They do it for the candy. 
Surprise there, eh?


Lastly is a couple front porch-y things.
Didn't use anything new, but I still like it.




That's about all the Christmas craftiness I could manage this year besides the stockings I showed you yesterday since I'm crafting for the wedding.  
But you betta believe I'm pinning like a mad woman all your fabulous ideas for next year!


Besides making the rounds on the usual fabulous link parties listed on my sidebar HERE, this Crafty Christmas Vignettes post will be partying at the following gracious hostesses with the mostesses.
(links will go live the day of the party)

18 comments:

Anneke at This, That and Life said...

I love how it says celebrate in the front. Simple and lovely. :-)

Ann said...

Great vignettes. The painted ornaments look wonderful on the Mason jars. And I'm such a sucker for bottle brush trees!

Cassie Bustamante said...

cindy that is so pretty! i love the whites- and i wanted to also tell you that your mantle looks amazing!

Bunny Jean said...

Loving all your craftiness! I visited and commented on your Charlie Brown link. Think I'll snoop around some more, since I have had no time to visit lately.

xoxo Bunny Jean

Sara S. said...

It's so pretty, and just the right touch of Christmas without being overwhelming!

Unknown said...

The simplicity of it all makes me giddy. So pretty. It's just what I love. Thanks for linking up!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

I must paint some glass ornaments. I love those!
Your entryway looks fabulous! And I have to say, I can't wait to see the wedding decor.

Natasha in Oz said...

I love all the Pinecone decorating that I have seen everywhere and your decorating is wonderful! The natural look is so beautiful and just as festive as traditional glittery reds, greens and golds!

Best Christmas wishes,
Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

NanaDiana said...

Cindy- Everything looks wonderful. I am so behind on everything with the new baby here that I don't think I will ever catch up. You did a grand job on EVERYTHING! xo Diana

Marianne said...

Wow Cindy you have been busy! With all the wedding crafting and preparing you are actually getting a lot of Christmas stuff done too.
Kudos to you! It all looks wonderful.

Okio B Designs said...

So very pretty and really inspiring! I've been dragging this week and you've given me a boost of inspiration!

Jeanine

Kathysue said...

Great job, love your vignettes and use of pincones!! I am in love with the vases that they are in!! Kathysue

Sherry from Alabama said...

I love your simple and classy decor. So elegant!

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Unknown said...

I like it! Fun and simple. I love the holders your pine cones are sitting in too. Merry Christmas!

Gracefully Vintage said...

Love it... Great eye candy.
Thank you For Sharing..
So pretty-inspiring
Karryann

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

You know what I've got? Pumpkins and mums, and plastic pilgrims. still. For real. Tomorrow I hope to deck halls and make merriment.

Ivy and Elephants said...

More lovely Christmas decor! I love the ball jars, such a fun touch.
Thanks for joining us for "What's It Wednesday". Hope you come again this week, it's not a party without you!
Hugs,
Patti

Unknown said...

Excited to feature this tomorrow! I just love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails