7.15.2013

::The First Maven's Vintage Driveway Sale::

Peeps.

I had THE best time on Sunday.  You should've been there.  All 1860-ish of ya.

My Painting Mavens of Awesomeness set up a pop-up sale together in one of our driveways, which just happens to be on the corner of a fairly busy road.

 (Next few pics are my craptastic stuff, some of which I haven't posted about, but will do so this week.  Perhaps.)

It was magical.  


There was wine and guacamole.  Come on now.


I brought Walmart cookies....I paint, Peeps, I don't cook or bake.



We had pretty steady traffic all day, and everyone sold stuff.  


Sara (our hostess)'s set up....go like her at Revived!



This is Kari's set up....go like her at Cottage in the Woods Creations!



Next up is Aimee's Hubby.  And her set up....go like her at ReSyled Vintage Designs!



And our newest Maven Alexandria....go like her at Foreverest Handmade Home & Vintage!




 It's happening folks.  My vision is happening, and I'm sooooo over-the-moon excited to see where this journey takes us all.  I have new friends who get me, who share my desire to support one another and cheer each other and teach and learn from each other in an otherwise very competitive market....pooling our talents to make us all better.  I was awed by how each of our spaces looked different, how our individual artistic interpretations reflected each of our individual tastes and talents.  It was amazing.  Just like I talk about in ::the robin's nest::  Yeah, we all paint furniture (build a nest).  But we each add our heart and soul and creativity using the raw materials we stumble upon to work our magic.  We own our art, reflect our tastes, and appreciate each other's interpretations.  Magic, I tell ya.


Some of us will be setting up again in a couple weeks in another Maven's driveway, so if you're heading our way, watch for info on times and place. I'll introduce you to a couple more Mavens you've not met yet as the time gets closer.  They're all kinds of awesome too.

And fist-bumps to my Painting Mavens of Awesomeness.  Serendipity strikes again.....thanks for joining me on my journey.  You rock my world.  And that's sayin' something.  A big something.

Sharing with Claudia's Favorite Thing Party....these women and these markets are my lifeblood right now.




17 comments:

Unknown said...

I think a HUGE fist bump goes out to you for seeking us out and creating a space where we can share, learn and breathe. Thank you!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

That is so awesome Cindy! Everything looks amazing. And I love the way you are coming together to support each other. You are off and running. Dreams do come true!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love all of your pieces. That green mirror is so cute!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Congratulations to you and your friends. Sounds like lots of fun :). So many nice things for buyers to find.

Cassie Bustamante said...

everything looks awesome! wish i was closer! you have so many great pieces!

Three Birds Inspired said...

The first thing I noticed was the difference in paint techniques and styles. How cool is that?!

I can "hear" the joy in your words. A very good thing!!

Okio B Designs said...

What a really fabulous idea! Would love to do something like that here but I don't have too many crafty friends. =( Maybe you guys can head on over to Long Island next???? =)

Jeanine

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Please tell me that you sold out...how could you not?!

Kathy Owen, Petticoat Junktion said...

I like everything I see here Cindy! Wish I lived near you so I could be a Maven too. Thanks for visiting Petticoat Junktion and when you get to Nashville shoot me an email so we can get together

Kathy Owen, Petticoat Junktion said...

Forgot to mention....I love guacamole....but apparently I don't know how to spell it. thanks spell check

Unknown said...

What a great idea!!! It's like looking at eye candy coming here- every single time - lots of dressers
( any surprises in the drawers? )
Just wondering...........
Hugs,
Moi

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

There are amazing things on each and every picture. Is that a mirror you turned chalkboard where "Serendipity House" is written?

Unknown said...

Ohhhh.... I wish I could have been there... Just to drool a little in person - instead of on my keyboard!

Love it all Cindy!

~Suzie

Susan Freeman said...

Wow Cindy ~ it's all fantastic!

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Claudia said...

It sounds like your dream is indeed coming true. How wonderful! So nice to be with a group of creative women who understand you and support you. Yay!

Thanks so much for joining in this week.

xo
Claudia

SImple and Serene Living said...

Wow, what amazing things. How wonderful to have found such a supportive group. xo Laura

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails