7.24.2013

::Out of the Box::

PSSSST...I'm no longer blogging here!
You can now find me at

-------------------------------------------------------------

Before I show you my latest do-over, I wanted to thank everyone for their sweet comments on yesterday's post about my Mama's birthday.  It helped to read your kind words.  Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meet Samuel.
He's the first dude in the bunch at The Serendipity House.


He started out with a severely crackled, peeling finish from some pretty bad water damage.
Pretty sure he sat outside like this for a LONG time:



Hubs sanded off all the old finish til we were back to bare wood.
I worried about the water marks, but I had been wanting to play with stain, so I decided to go for it.



Added the stencils, sanded gently over and around them a bit.


Used Howard's Feed and Wax over it, even though I used Minwax's Wood Sheen, which is stain and finish in one step.  (LOVE that stuff)


I hope Samuel will find a home in some cute little boy's bedroom or maybe a trendy teen's room.


All his info can be found at The Serendipity House. for local customers.


15 comments:

Okio B Designs said...

My Samuel would love your Samuel! =)

Jeanine

Three Birds Inspired said...

Very pretty finish!

Anonymous said...

Samuel's looking great! Sure he'll be in a new home in no time at all :)

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks perfect- i think this was the "just right makeover" for this piece.

NanaDiana said...

I kinda like a "boy" piece once in a while. Hubs did a great job sanding and you did a great job staining. He looks good- the dresser- can't see the hubs! xo Diana

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

It must be so hard to be the only male, surrounded by all these girls! But he looks very manly!

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

Love the dresser - what a difference!
Marie@InteriorFrugalista

Laurel Stephens said...

I think the numbers on your dresser are terrific and featured this project on Friday Finds. Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great chest, I love the new finish and the numbers are so perfect. Thanks for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Kayla @ Home Coming said...

I'm in love. I'd love it if you'd link up to The DIY'ers! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-diyers-and-weekend.html

DIY Vintage Chic said...

I love numbers! Great transformation! Hello Samuel! Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/08/fridays-five-features-no-4.html

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Great job! I like the natural finish and the addition of the stencils.

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

He turned out great! So nice of your hubby to sand it for you. My husband hauls the heavy things around for me, but sanding is not a part of his language :) Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great weekend!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Love the numbers Cindy. Great job. Thanks for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday this week.

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

Simply FABULOUS!!!! hugs...tfs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails