4.11.2010

Make it 4 Monday #20!

Actually, ere's my post for Make if 4 Monday....if MckLinky would stop being a stinker and I could actually get the link list up and running.  Waiting for my new password.  Grrrrr..Hopefully it will be up and running this evening.  I'll make a new post for the party with highlights.

Anyway, I spent the day cleaning and organizing my bedroom, sprucing up some things here and there, so here's my entry for the week:

seafoam blue quilt to replace tan duvet cover...


my bedside area....portrait of me that hung over my daddy's dresser when I was growing up...

hubby's side of the bed....he likes the natural wood of the antique craigslist dresser...


cool and serene....with the shams I made earlier....


Been washed lots o' times, so it's faded and soft....


blues, greens, seafoams, clears...pretty glass bottles, jars and vases over the mirror 
above the dresser...


New way to organize my jewelry.  Had these pieces, spraypainted the bottom 'porcelain' by valspar...





I use my gramma's old sewing cabinet to store other jewelry pieces...she painted and antiqued this back in the '60's...

Lotsa compartments that used to hold her threads and bobbins now hold my pretties...

My chroma card from Dressing Your Truth sits on my dresser...I awake to my beautiful tints each morning, and it helps me put together my outfits so my outside matches my inside :).....

My newly organized closet full of happy colors in my chroma....

Every stitch of black clothing and accessories cleaned out and ready for donation...
the huge tub below is full of other clothes not in my chroma.  So great to purge!

So fabulous to get back in touch with the bright little girl in the portrait, who loved to smile and 
make others smile too....ever wonder why we don't put children in black clothes often?

Here...have a daisy.  They're the plastic kind that you can't kill.

I love to clean out things from my life that are no longer working.  Even hubs joined in and purged his closet of old ties, slacks, shoes, hats, shirts.....ah.....we're ready to wake each day ready to face what comes our way in an airy, light bedroom with meaningful pictures and pieces, with closets only filled with items we love and wear.  Hurray!  I love when my home makeovers match my personal makeovers :)


20 comments:

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I really like the bottles. I have a collection of bottles in my bedroom too.

Polly said...

First of all, that little portrait is as cute as can be! What a sweet memory! And the blue bottles...I have been hoarding a few lately myself...I've never bought bottles before, but now I can't seem to stop!

Now, about purging the black clothes...ohmigosh Cindy, you are so brave! I couldn't do it! I am so proud of you! I feel most comfortable in a black or white top and comfy jeans. Isn't it funny how different we all are?!?! I wish I wore more colorful clothes....I just stick with a pop of color in a scarf or jewelry. I guess it's just my insecurity!

Your room looks great!

Polly

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Pretty! I really like the bottles!
~Michelle

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Your bedroom is so soft and peaceful looking. And your closet!? Wow! It is wonderful that you surround yourself with all of the colors and things that mean the very most to you.

Great post!

Becky

Janice said...

Hi Cindy
I love what you have done. The room looks very light and airy but still comfortable. I like that you took your husband's preferences into consideration as well. It's nice to see that you actually organized all your clothes and jewelry on the insides of the drawers too, it must feel great to wake up to that. Have a great week,
Janice

gina@3ringcottage said...

Oh I love that quilt on the bed. I have lots of quilts but none in a soft pale solid color. It makes the room calm. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, serene bedroom. Love all the purging. I haven't purchased one single black item of clothing this season. I don't care if it is slimming. :) I'm going with color also. I crave color.

Unknown said...

That sounds wonderful Cindy, and something I should give some thought to, also. Thanks for sharing.
I love the wood dresser, I've been searching for some affordable ones just like that one. How sweet to have that painting and to know that your parents had it in their bedroom.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Your bedroom looks wonderful. I love your hooks for your jewelry. Gotta' say I think the blue specs are spectacular with their matching blue beads! I love the colors in your closet. So bright and cheerful!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Beautiful! Love the quilt and the glass bottles - very pretty!

Seawashed said...

Your glass bottle collection is my favorite of all...and you have them displayed beautifully. I need to get me some of those.

Oh but I am sad to see all your black clothes go. I love wearing black...black, white, grey, beige, with a hint of pale pinks or blue...thats it for me! If I lived closer I would come rummage through your black stash!

deb said...

Darling portrait of you!! Your bedroom is gorgeous. Love they way you've decorated it. My goal is to makeover my bedroom next summer..this summer is the living room ;)
Love your wall color!
*hugs*deb

Crafty Sisters said...

Pretty! The picture of you is darling and I really enjoy the turqoise/clear glass bottles.

I wish I were brave enough to purge the black out of my closet! :)

Unknown said...

Your room looks so cozy and nice. Love your vintage touchs.

Hugs
Charo

Melissa said...

I love the portrait...

Michele Lewis said...

My friends think I'm nuts cuz I won't wear black. One day I am going to get a black cloth and show them how I look in it, I just get sidetracked and forget :) I'm proud of you and your closet looks AWESOME!

I love what you have done for your jewelry. It's awesome!

It makes me all the more excited to get going in my interior design career!

My favorite thing about the cute cute portrait of you is that you were dressing your truth! How fantabulous is that?

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

I loved this post. I think our external world is a reflection of our internal one and vice versa and it's so important to create balance and harmony between them. You are brave to toss out the black in your wardrobe! Your bedroom looks so peaceful and calming. Beautiful!

Deborah

Dianna said...

Love your bottle collection. The organized jewelry looks like a piece of art hanging on the wall.

~ Regan said...

I love the beautiful soft colors you've chosen for your room (and your closet!) I really like the quilt on your bed, it looks so comfy... Thank goodness for the plastic daisies! Now you wake up every morning with pretty (maintenance-free) flowers!
Great job on everything!

GiveMeColour said...

This home is similar to mine but mine is the softest cream that could be mistaken for white and I added brushed nickel handles to give it a modern edge. I guess this answers my question clearly. I am a 4/1 or 1/4 either way.

I love roses though and have them on quilt covers. Anyone out there willing to share with me what type does white with rose buds on them but mostly white, white, white with vintage type accessories and some touches of modern? Hints of modern I should say just to make it more modern country?
Thanks for your time if you are willing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails