12.16.2013

::New House Christmasfication::

Well, we're moved.  Mostly.


Still have the cra(p)ft room to move over from the house next door, and some boxes 'o crap in the garage, but basically, we're moved and getting settled.  Mostly.


There's no curtains up, and I've lost my underwear, but by golly, the mantel is Christmasfied.


I only like (rein)deer at Christmastime.....the other trendy deer head thing creeps me out on the same scale as the Elf dude clogging up my Pinterest feed.  No offense if that's your thing.



We didn't do a real tree for the first time in years and years and years....


...with just 10 days till Christmas we went with my cheesy, white Walmart tree.....which is dwarfed by my new great room, but it's good enough this year.



Found myself using lots of red stuff this year.  Most of it I already had on hand, although some sah-weet vintage-type ornaments and red mercury glass candleholders found themselves in my cart here and there.



What I don't show you in this room is the lack of a couch, mismatched furniture that I will soon be painting now that I've finished up custom orders for the year, and a plethora of boxes yet to be unpacked.


So....you get snippets for now.   I'll get some pics of the festification of the kitchen soon.  Here's a sneaky-peeky:


Back to unpacking.  If you find my underwear, give me a shout.


Sharing at Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, Mod Vintage Life, Coastal Charm, Nesting Place,

16 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Awesome that you are finally in your new home!

I like the white tree, my daughter had one, but it got left outside while we were building a shed, and it turned yellow :(. We didn't see a new one last year, but I didn't think to look for one this year.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Cindy! I was tickled to get the grand tour on moving day -
BEAUTIFUL!!

Rebecca said...

How did you say it? Sah-weet! Glad you're getting to put some "Christmas" up....

...and I just KNOW that underwear is going to turn up :)

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Cindy,
Congratulations on moving into your new home. I think that everything looks lovely and you've done a great job.
We have been in our new home for 3 months and I still can't find everything. Didn't lose my underwear though....hope you find yours! Sort of wish I had then I could go and buy all new!

hugs and Merry Christmas.

Sissie

Cassie Bustamante said...

oh yay!!!! congrats to you!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Now take a deep breath and enjoy your first Christmas in your beautiful new home!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

And you said you wouldn't be decorating this year. Pashaw. You look like you've got more out that me. I must be going backwards, as not only did I put out less than normal (not counting last year where I did nothing), but I got rid of two rubbermaid bins full of garland/other random crap. Oh baby it felt good. But not as good as FINALLY MOVING INTO YOUR NEW HOUSE!!!! Merry Christmas to you!

P.S Your panties are prolly still in the workshop where you left them...

Okio B Designs said...

You did a great job! Looking very festive! And I nearly spit out my diet Coke reading about your undies. Lol! Good luck with that!

Jeanine

Three Birds Inspired said...

I like the red and white...though I am looking forward to seeing how you use those turquoise trees in the kitchen!

NanaDiana said...

Congrats on getting moved in before Christmas. Hope you find your underwear soon- I'd hate to think of you sitting there posting away with no undies on!;>) We have one of those creepy elves...lol

I never think of you as a "using red" person but I must say I love the pops of it in your new home. xo Diana

LL from KS said...

So glad you are finally in! I have moved before just days before Christmas but I still got the house decorated! Where there's a will there's a way! Can't wait to see you transform a house into your home! Merry Christmas!

LL from KS said...

So glad you are finally in! I have moved before just days before Christmas but I still got the house decorated! Where there's a will there's a way! Can't wait to see you transform a house into your home! Merry Christmas!

Holly said...

Cindy.....You're so funny, and I do hope you find your underwear!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

It looks great and very different from what you've done in previous years, if I remember well... My house is in a constant state of chaos due to the remodelling and I just move boxes for pictures!!!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

It is all so beautiful! I must admit I was surprised to not see aqua, but I love all the red! The white tree with red is so gorgeous!!

Doyle Hunt said...

Wow, that really does look Christmassy! How nice for you to be settled in to your new home in time for you to get everything just as you like it for Christmas. I'm sure nobody notices the lack of a couch or the mismatched furniture, they will just be blown away by the decorations. Particularly works well around the fire place.

Doyle Hunt @ Real East Van

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails