8.27.2013

::Tuesday's House Building Progress 3rd Edition::

Whoa.

What happened to the last week?!

Sorry to abandon y'all.....I'll post about all the incredible news we got this last week as well as a million furniture flips I've worked on.

But tonight, I'm bringing you up to speed on da houz.

Last update (2 weeks ago) the Amish Dudes had just about framed the house in two days.

By that Friday, we had a house with a roof, windows and the ever lovely Tyvek wrapping.

That's 5 days folks.  5 days from slab to house.


Back view with my sweet covered porch off the kitchen.


Here's some of the inside handiwork those Amish dudes did....sweet arches throughout the downstairs! (and the corner walk-in pantry if yo look close)


Looking into the great room from dining area...that table looking thing will have open shelves on the great room side, and huge craftsman pillars to the ceiling on each side.


Cathedral ceiling in great room with fireplace at one end.


Looking down from the loft to the fireplace below.  The loft will be closed up because I have teenage boys, and I fear spit wads.


The past two weeks the plumbing and heating/air guys have been working inside. Nothing too spectactular to show you.  Think white pipes, metal sheeting and big black caterpillars weaving thru the rafters.  The did deliver drywall one day....I wanted to ride in the wee tiny black chair....see it?


Here's my hot hubby....inspecting the work.


Annnnnd......what male can resist dumpster diving when the dang thing is in your front yard?


He was digging out OSB for us to floor the attic over the garage.  And he might have been finding spare boards for me to paint up some cutie-patootie signs.

So that's my status report!  We should be in by mid-November at the latest.  

I'll catch you up on makeovers and other wild adventures I've had over the last week and a half in my next post.




9 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

They sure are making fast work of it. Love those arches and the cathedral ceiling. Oooohhh - can't wait to see the Craftsman style pillars!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

WOW, so much wonderful work in just 5 days.

I look forward to seeing your posts as your new home all comes together.

My husband would be dumpster diving too.

FlowerLady

NanaDiana said...

I was wondering yesterday where you were keeping yourself. Now I know where. Looking good, Cindy-looking good! It's going to be beautiful- xo Diana

Maureen said...

How exciting! The Amish sure know how to 'boogie'! I can't believe their progress.

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

Fabulous! You must be thrilled, I am and it's not my house! LOL

Flat Creek Farm said...

Impressive!! I'll be following along your journey here.. looks like it won't take long. Come mid-Nov.. send those Amish dudes on over to my place ;) -Tammy

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

It's looking amazing! I love the windows.

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? At this pace, you'll be painting next week.

Unknown said...

Whoa! It took 5 days to get all that up? That's some quick work! And judging by this post, you're happy about it all. I'm looking forward to seeing it all done. :) -Kemberly @ Patriot Roofing

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails