7.25.2011

Finally Some Good News and A Mini Reveal.

 Mama in Nashville a couple weeks ago...isn't she beautiful?!

After being given a prognosis of 3-6 months, my mama started an oral chemo drug.  She tried it for six weeks, went back for scans to see if it was working, and on Thursday we leaned the drug IS WORKING! 

The tumors in her liver, lungs and ribs are "frozen".  Hooray!  She'll continue on this drug for as long as it works, and many people using it are living 2 or more years.  It's the same drug Elizabeth Edwards was using. It has terrible side effects....they found blood clots in Mom's lungs which she's treating with a blood thinner via a nasty shot in the belly each night, and raw skin on her palms and the soles of her feet.  But we are so thankful the chemo is holding the cancer growth at bay for now.  

THANK YOU for all your thoughts, prayers, and kind words as we live with this terminal disease.  


 And now for the mini-reveal.....here's what one does to this (which I hear tell are old playpen rails....)

You take it apart, 
then go to town with some liquid sander, spray paint, sandpaper and a drill bit or two.
And a lot of wee hooks.
Oh, and the thinnest dowel rod you can find.
A hottie hubby helps things along too.  Just sayin'.
And it becomes this:


 A nice way to display the plethora of jewelry you've accumulated since beginning to Dress your Truth.




And you hang it above your gramma's ancient sewing cabinet-turned-jewelry and accessory holder.  
'Cause you painted it to match.


You hide old high school buttons of yourself, and sentimental stuff in the drawers below.


And for the stuff that doesn't fit on your new handy-dandy jewelry holder, 
you just swag them over your vanity mirror like so.


It's awesome to sit at my vanity and see all my goodies at once.  
I can try stuff on and easily switch stuff out.


So what do ya think?  I'll show you the whole area once it's done.  
I still have some work to do on the vanity and bench.
But my squirrel brain is already onto the school room....



And that's that.  One project down.  
And a Mama who's alive!


26 comments:

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

That is great news about your mom! She does look beautiful! Love her smile. She looks extremely happy. Love the vanity area. That is a great idea with the playpen rails. Who woulda thunk it?! Only clever you!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

That is such great news! I'm so happy for your family.

LOVE that organizer. :)

judi said...

praise God for such good news! and the jewelry holders is fabulous...love the color.
judi

COTTAG3 said...

I was so excited when I saw the title of your post. I'm so happy for you, your mom and your family that you'll have time for a lot more memories to make together. She certainly looks great. The jewelry organizer is adorable!

Tiggeriffic said...

Good news about your Mom. Pray that she continues to have good results.
Great idea for the jewelery display.. Who would of thought it being part of a playpen.. That is what I call recycle, recycle,recycle~! good job.~!
Have a Blessed Day~! ta ta for now from Iowa:)

Vickie said...

I'm thrilled to hear the good news about your mom. That is great!!!
Who knows? The Drs are only making an educated guess. God is in control of your mom's life. She may surprise everyone!

This is a cute jewelry holder. My daughter would have a hissy fit if she saw it. Have a wonderful week!

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

Wonderful news about your mama, Cindy. I'm so happy for your family!!!

:)

P.S. Cute jewellery thingie, too. :)

Cassie Bustamante said...

that is great news! thank you for sharing and keeping us up to date!
and i love that jewelry organizer- it's beautiful!

Jane said...

Good news about your mother! Such a beautiful smile! Love your jewelry organizer + the old sewing cabinet - nice to have it out where you can see it. I always forget what I have!
Jane-Jacksonville

The Creative Bohemian said...

Wonderful news!

And the jewelry rack is soooo clever!

Deb said...

That's wonderful news about your mom! God is good.

Maureen said...

Great job on the upcycling....and your mom does look beautiful. Radiant actually.

Jessi said...

Wonderful about your Mama!! And I adore the jewelry holder...since my sister has taken to making jewelry, I am often the lucky beneficiary and could use some better ways to organize my stash...too bad I don't have an old playpen laying around here anywhere!!!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

cindy, i am glad to hear the good news about your mother. she looks beautiful next to elvis!!!!

great project and love all of your jewelry!!!

xxoo
becky

Unknown said...

I just found your blog and wanted to say wonderful news about your mom. I will keep her in my prayers.

Your jewelry holder is a great idea and turned out lovely.

Kate said...

Hi Cindy
soooo happy about your mama what a wonderful answer to prayer. Have a great week and I love what you created for your jewels. You still rock girly

xoxo
Kate

Cathy Cobblestone said...

I'm so glad you get to continue to enjoy some more precious time with your beautiful momma. Sadly, my FIL lost his fight last Thursday. The last few days have been rough because he was dearly loved and will be incredibly missed. Enjoy each and everyday - I pray a miracle for her.

Claudia said...

Life is good!

Amanda said...

Thats such a lovely thing to read. Fantastic news.

Anonymous said...

great news about your Mom : )

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

first and foremost, what great news about your mom!!! Having had both of my parents go thru horrible diseases that ultimately took their lives, I know how it feels to have those moments of seeing light at the end of the tunnel and having hope!!
What a cute idea for your jewelry..and your vignette of everything is adorable :)

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

Yes! She IS beautiful and I'm so glad for the good news! Oh it is such good news! I've had her in my thoughts and prayers so often (you too). Love all your baubles and beads. You put me to shame. I think I have four pair of earrings. Law.

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

Yes! She IS beautiful and I'm so glad for the good news! Oh it is such good news! I've had her in my thoughts and prayers so often (you too). Love all your baubles and beads. You put me to shame. I think I have four pair of earrings. Law.

Twice Nice said...

Wonderful news! Fabulous upcycle! I do believe I covet some of your cute earrings though!

Erica said...

Love the vanity area. That is a great idea with the playpen rails.

San Diego Catering

Unknown said...

Wonderful news 'bout your Mama.....so happy to hear it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails