5.19.2013

::The Real McCoy::

I've mostly avoided thrift shops lately.


Firstly, I don't have a lot of extra greenbacks (having spent them on $35+ quarts of chalk paint)....

Secondly, I really haven't found much that tickles my fancy, lately.

And thirdly, I don't have space in my temporary quarters to either display or store any more knick-knack-paddy-wacks.



Let me just stick my big ole BUT in here....

BUT.....

Lookie see what I found on the bottom shelf, way in the back behind a brassy watering can, when I found myself with some time on my hands last Friday:


I felt like I was robbing a bank.

'Round these parts, McCoy pottery like this goes for upwards of $40 in the 'tiques shops.

But my find has some cracks.


As do I.  So this pretty fits right in.

And the lilacs I picked fit right in too....


I also found this wee little guy, and though it has no pedigree, I find him perfection itself.


I used all this yummi-ness to practice aperture with my new-ish lens.

And of course played around in Picasa and Picmonkey.


How 'bout you?  Found any treasures buried in the plastic tupperware at your local thrift lately?


Don't forget.....would love to have you follow me on Bloglovin'!  And would love to follow you back :)

Bringing Mr. McCoy to Junkin' Joe's, Photog Show and Tell, A Favorite Thing

13 comments:

Maureen said...

I actually prefer the wee little guy! Then when you add lilacs, well, nuf said!

Three Birds Inspired said...

We recently had a community yard sale. A woman very unwisely did not put any prices on her items then drove off to Dunkin Donuts without her cell phone. Her husband told me the antique crockery pitcher was $4 dollars. I asked him twice if he was sure. He said he thought that was ok. (I bet she smacked him when she got back. I also bet she marks her items the next time she has a yard sale!)

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

For $4.00 I'd have snatched that McCoy up too... cracks and all :)

~Chris

Brenda Pruitt said...

My friend Claudia (Mockingbird Hill Cottage) would have gone berserk for that McCoy. I must have missed some crucial news. Why are you in temporary quarters?
Brenda

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

In Brittany we have what we call "Empty your attic sales" that are kind of like yard sales. I went to four different ones during the weekend and I bought lots of china, both French and English... I only buy if it's really cheap.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Don't you just love finds like that? Who cares about a crack or two anyway? Just adds character. At least that's what I keep telling myself ;).

Anonymous said...

What a treasure you found! I don't go thrift shopping much either. Trying to conserve those greenbacks too. Thanks for sharing with us over at Photog Show and Tell.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Don't you love to find treasures that have been overlooked and that work so well for you??? Good finds there. Who cares about a little crack when a vase is that good looking. Great shape.

Love the little guy, too.

XO,

Sheila

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

That McCoy vase is lovely cracks and all.
Denise

Claudia said...

Well you know I love my McCoy and I don't have that particular piece, so I'm a wee bit jealous! What a great deal!

It looks lovely.

Thanks so much for joining in this week, my friend.

xo
Claudia

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Love the McCoy, and like you I don't care if it is not perfect! Have not been able to find any lately I can afford...but I keep looking!

Suzan said...

Discoveries are so much fun!! Love your finds - the McCoy is a classic!

The Old Parsonage said...

Awesome find! I'd have wrestled you for it:)

Leann

PS I'm your newest follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails