5.08.2013

::Blushing Side Table::

PSSSST...I'm no longer blogging here!
You can now find me at

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Been painting again.....mostly redoing stuff I'd already painted before.

This little girl was previously spraypainted white with a black handle about a year ago.
Use your imagination! (yep, no before pic)


I used a DIY recipe for chalk paint and an oops paint for .50.

I stenciled her top, lined her drawer, and added the distressed butterfly handle.


I think she's adorbs.  I named her Bethany.


The biggest difference between specialty chalk paint and the DIY versions is that it might take more coats for full coverage (if that's what you're after), and it needs a light sanding before waxing. (I did like a 1 minute go-over with 220 grit).  I used my SCJohnson clear paste wax on this, two coats on top.

Buffing must have got it's name 'cause it seriously helps make your arms all buff and stuff.


I like her.  She belongs in a little princess' room.  If you're local and have a little princess, contact me if you're interested in taking this gal home with ya.

BTW, I'm close to having my new furniture biz site up and running....been working on it between painting!
I hope to debut it here and on my facebook page soon! EDIT:  Here's the site: The Serendipity House!


Parties (links go live as soon I link up):
Mod Mix Monday, Monday Funday, Project Inspire{d}, The Scoop, Tweak It Tuesday, Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, Tuesday's Treasures, Be Inspired, Brag About It, Assets and Efforts, Power of Paint Party, Open House Thursday, Transformation Thursday, Under $100 Linky Party, vintage-love linky, Treasure Hunt Thursdays, Catch as Catch Can, Furniture Feature, Fridays @ Redoux, The Inspiration Gallery, Fabulously Creative Linky, Simply Create, Frugal Fridays, Feathered Nest Friday, Be Inspired, Party Junk, Pink Saturday

22 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

super cute!!! i love the sweet color!

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

Very cute... and I agree about the buffing. I never thought I'd say this but I even like the sanding parts more than buffing!

~Chris

Maureen said...

So cute! Finally I know of someone other than me that uses Johnson's Paste Wax! I love it! Buffing, meh, not as much.

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

That color is precious, but the butterfly handle is what seals the deal. I can't *wait* to see all the beauties that are going to be in your shop! Think of all the stuff I could get if I turned around and sold it...wait...too overwhelming. I'm stressed out already.

P.S sending my happy thoughts your way this weekend.

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

So soft and sweet! Just love it!
Liz

Unknown said...

super sweet!

Cindy Eikenberg, Little Miss Celebration said...

From one Cindy to another....:) This is so adorable and just love the color. Visiting from Project Inspire{d} and thank you for sharing this sweet project. Have a wonderful week!

Donna Wilkes said...

Blushing pink Bethany is a true beauty. Love the added details of the stencil and the papered drawers. Good luck with your business goals.

Cynthia said...

Aww, so pretty! Love the butterfly handle!

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing your fab side table at Project Inspire{d} linky party!! Pinned your post to our group linky party board! Heather

ritajoy said...

Awww...she's so sweet and beautiful!

meg said...

this is just the prettiest little table! love it!!! beautiful job :)
megvcornwell.blogspot.com

ThreeDawgLady said...

Love the table! Love the color! New follower on Bloglovin!

Creative Raisins said...

Wow what a beautiful piece, I simply love the color. So soft and pretty

Lisa

Creative Raisins

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That is so cute--I just love what you did with it! That pale pink turned out perfect :)

Cher-Ann Texter said...

So pretty! I used the same handle on a desk I built for my daughter (Hobby Lobby, right?)...

Cher @ Designs by Studio C
http://designsbystudioc.com

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Wonderful project! So pretty!

Take Care,
Jody

LV said...

Since we have no comparison, I really like the cabinet as you have it now.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a sweet little table!

Unknown said...

I love it! Beautiful, soft, sweet, girly - perfect. You did a great job! :-)
Blessings!
Kim @ Curtain Queen

My Repurposed Life said...

Very pretty table Cindy--I think I have it's twin. :)

love the color.
gail

RobinfromCA said...

Darling table - love the butterfly handle! I hope some little princess gets to enjoy her soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails