5.15.2013

::Even More Side Table Fun::

PSSSST...I'm no longer blogging here!
You can now find me at

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm painting my way thru a stash of small tables and chairs in the garage.


Trying out new paints and techniques.  I never quite know how they'll come out in the end, but that's probably the part I love the most about this gig I got going.


Here's how this little girl looked when I got her.
I named her Lyssa.
Like you do.


And like Bethany, who was found at the same time, I gave Lyssa a quick coat of white spray paint and called it a day.  
Or a year.


But I knew she had great potential as a funkified, distressed little number.


I actually tried to decoupage some blue and green scrapbook paper on her top.
Twice.
And gave it up.
Sometimes Pinterest tutorials fall vaguely short of the ballpark.
Or the state.


What's cool is that the residual paper and modge podge sanded down to a mottled, textured surface that looks AWESOME with a few coats of DIY custom green chalky paint.
After waxing and buffing, it looks seriously fab. Can't get it to show in the pics. :(


 So, coat of white spraypaint, coat of chalky paint, coat of MMS kitchen scale, couple coats of wax and you get yerself a seriously fun, fresh, funky side table.


Lyssa is available to locals (Fort Wayne IN)!  See The Serendipity House for more info.

Did you meet the blushing side table and the chippy milk paint table?  I have a thing for side tables evidently.

Don't forget.....would love to have you follow me on Bloglovin'!  And would love to follow you back :)

Lyssa will be making appearances at the following parties: links go live once she's arrived:

Make the Scene MondayMod Mix Monday, Assets and EffortsMonday Funday, That DIY Party, Project Inspire{d},  Inspire Me Tuesday, The Scoop, Tuesday's Treasures, Be Inspired, Tweak It Tuesday, Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, Knick of Time, Brag About It, Creativity Tuesday, Wow Us Wednesday, What We Accomplished Wednesday, What's It WednesdayPower of Paint Party, Under $100 Linky, Transformation Thursdays, The Weekly Creative, Treasure Hunt Thursday, Home Sweet Home, Open House Party, Catch as Catch Can, Friday's at Redoux, Inspiration Gallery, Simply Create, Furniture Feature, Junkin' Joes, Inspire Me PleaseFabulously Creative, Frugal Fridays, Feathered Nest Friday, Be Inspired Fridays, Party Junk, It's Party Time, Share Your Creativity, A Bouquet of Talent, It's Party Time




23 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

love the shape and of course the color! i always love aqua!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

She's adorable! I love the curves and cutouts and the soft pretty color choice!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Oh, I love her! The color, the perfect amount of distressing and all the fun details. I'd buy her!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a great piece. I love it. Such a super color too. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party this evening. www.astrollthrulife.net
Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Lovely! I love the green on top. It's a wonderful transitional piece that can be used so many places in your home or on a porch. You made it even more fun!
His blessings!
Kim @ Curtain Queen

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a beauty and a fabulous transformation. I love the colors you chose and the pretty accessories you added. Paint is magical.

Karie said...

I just love the old style of that table. It looks so cute in the blue. Very cute. Thanks for sharing. Karie

Donna Wilkes said...

Lyssa is definitely a bohemian hippie chick from way back. You have brought her back to life with the funky colors!

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Love the green top with the blue. It really puts an unexpected twist to the piece. Very pretty!

Unknown said...

I just love the combination of the 2 colors - and the style of this table is too adorable - beautiful job -
Visiting from Knick of Time - Now following you ( the old fashioned way plus on Bloglovin ;)
Hugs,
Suzan

Rita's Recipes said...

I have two tables exactly like that i had painted white and are now stored in the attic. I need to get those cuties down and repaint them. Thanks for reminding me how cute they are.

Stampin' VMG206 said...

Cindy
What a great job! I love the distressing and the great blue color ~ yum!
I'm visiting you today from Uncommon Slice of Suburbia. I co-host a Linky Party Tuesday and would LOVE for you to add this. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog, leave a comment and Link Up, too!
~ Megin of VMG206
Join me each Tuesday and Friday for my Link Up Parties!

JunkStuffTreasures said...

Love the re-do! What a difference a coat of paint makes. I bought a similar table at Target (the new Threshold line). Wish I knew how to do all these artsy things that everyone does- agghh.

Krista Aasen said...

It does look seriously fab!! I love it!!
Krista

Melanie said...

Love that color blue....what a fun transformation! I'd love for you to come link up at The Weekly Creative that just went live!

http://www.reasonstoskipthehousework.com/2013/05/the-weekly-creative-2/

smiles,
melanie {reasons to skip the housework}

Unknown said...

Turned out very cute! I love the two colors. I know decoupage can be tricky, especially on bigger stuff.

Kristin said...

This looks great! Side note: I am in love with blue hydrangeas and they make it that much better. :) Love the two colors and distressing!

Kristin
www.exploringdomesticity.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Love the shape of the table and the color is gorgeous.

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

Just lovely. I love the color you painted your beautiful little table. Hugs, Beverly

Debra@CommonGround said...

this is such a fun combo of colors. great little table and great photos!!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

Simply Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Junkin Joe...featuring today : ) hugs...

Anonymous said...

Great job! I've heard so many furniture flippers talk about wax. I need to learn the A-B-C's of it and get with it! (Mine haven't even had the quick spray paint yet!)

PS I'm here from Junkin Joes!

Anonymous said...

beautiful idea.Nice trasformition.You did an amazing job.Luxury Beds and Mattresses

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails