10.27.2009

Actually, now I got somethin'...a sweet little award.

I got this today from Katie the Yoga Gal....and suddenly the sun burst out from behind the clouds and doom and all was well in my world again.  Thank You Katie! Go see her blog....beautiful home, to say the least.


Here's what I'm supposed to do to pass on the award...
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each. 

My seven things.
1) I hate to cook, and seeing food on people's blogs grosses me out.
2) I don't like the town we moved to for their supposedly awesome schools.  Only 10 years to go till my youngest graduates. *sigh*
3) I was a vocal performance flunk-out in college.
4) I used to write songs, do a bit of recording, and play guitar.  In front of people even.
5) I have done work as a doula, and hope to do so again in another season of life.
6) I recently changed my political and spiritual views. That's all I'll say about that.
7) I gave birth to a 12 pound baby (#5), my smallest was 8.15 (#4) and I never used drugs in any of my labors. 

I hereby bestow this Kreativ Blogger award to the following:
Kate at Salvage Dior....beautiful blog, lovely images, sweetest lady
Fairmaiden at Sea Cottage...another delicious blog to read and look at
Catherine at peace love sweater...OMGosh go check out her cutie-patootie felted goodies
Manuela at The Pleasures of Homemaking...who has received this award from others, but goshdarnit, I love her blog and her generous spirit.  I spend lots of time over there.
Ana at A Petite Cottage...a new find, and a lovely place to spend time
Shellagh at Ticking and Toile...another newish find for me, and eye candy galore over there, I tell ya.
Maria at vintage simple...she pretty much owns the house of my dreams, and her images are sooooo great for inspiration.

Congrats girls!  If any of you are award-free blogs, I apologize in advance...just know I think you're fabulous and creative and I hope to be you when I grow up.  Or at least decorate like you when I grow up.  Or be crafty and creative like you when I grow up.  Which I don't plan to do, because then I'll have to cook.

8 comments:

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Hi Cindy!

Congratulations on receiving the award! I'm not an award free blog - I think they're fun so I'll happily accept it! Thanks so much and I'll add it to my sidebar!

Manuela

The Whispering Creek House said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! i am so glad you did cuz now i follow yours!

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

Oh, Cindy..! So kind of you - and so honored to be mentioned here. Thank you. I can't promise that I'll be able to follow through with the work that these awards entail, but I just wanted to take a moment to stop by and thank you... It's always sweet to know someone likes what you are doing - so thank you. I appreciate it deeply.

warmly,
-maria

Seawashed said...

Awww you are so sweet Cindy! Thank you for the award. I am truly honored. But I am an award-free blog just because I don't like to hassle with it...the cutting and pasteing...and well, I just couldn't figure it all out in the beginning of blogging so I just decided not to do it. Guess what? I had an 11lb.9oz baby, my fourth...he was born in 3 hrs...no meds, all natural. I had all my babies that way. My third was born in our truck on the way to the hospital and hubby delivered her. The embilical cord was wrapped around her neck TWICE and he had to unwrap it.

Room to Inspire said...

Congratulations of the award. Your blog is great.

Chelsea

Ana said...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart Cindy. How very sweet and kind of you. Have a wonderful evening.

Blessings,
♥Ana

Catherine @ van Breugel Design said...

Congratulations on your award! I love how that turned your day around, and now you have generously awarded my with your kindness. I am honoured! Thanks for sharing this award with me. I'm gonna go off and do my "homework" now. Stay tuned - it could take me a while!

cheers!

Unknown said...

WOw a Doula eh? That must have been a great experience! I was a birthing partner once and it was an amazing experience ( well it was pain free for me ) LOL!!
Nice to get to know you a bit better!!
Congrats!
Annie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails