11.01.2010

The wonders of burlap...for a wedding reception!

PSSSST...I'm no longer blogging here!
You can now find me at

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how many of you follow Cathy over at Cobblestone Farms, but she was given the task of creating a dreamy wedding reception: "something casual, kind of "earthy", somewhat fallish - yet no orange pumpkins or mums" were the bride's requests.


She delivered.   And she shows off the goods in 4 posts with lots of how-she-did-it's too.  I'll tease you with a few shots....You'll notice a plethora of burlap and all manner of gorgeousness, most of which puts Martha herself to shame.....




Chippy vintage windows and tissue paper puffs...paper lanterns and punkins and oh my.....


Look at this mantle.  SWOON.


Oh yeah, and did I mention this was held in a BARN?


You simply MUST make a stop over at Cathy's to see the deliciousness......here are some links, though she will prolly add more:

Beautiful job Cathy!  I can't imagine a more perfect setting for a wedding reception.
You hit it out of the ball park!


24 comments:

Moe said...

wow! what gorgeous inspiration! I have been browsing some wedding decorations for my graduation party in May.

Yay for more inspiration!

Heidi said...

I LOVE it! Truly is amazing how versitile good-ole burlap is! And I love how she used the open framed windows.

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

~B~E~A~U~T~I~F~U~L~

Karena said...

Cindy, I am in love with thie style, a perfect occassion!

Come and see my latest find, ....I would love your thoughts!

Karena
Art by Karena

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Cindy,
What a beautiful, "over-the-top," wedding!!

Thanks for sharing and I'm checking out her blog!

hugs
Sissie

Bridget @ The Rehab Boutique said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Polly said...

Wow! Gorgeous! I want to have a wedding again!

Unknown said...

Stunning!!!

NanaDiana said...

Oh I am SOO headed over to that blog to check it out! What a wonderful and beautiful job! Love it! Hugs- Diana

NanaDiana said...

Well, Cindy, I am back to tell you that I popped over to that blog...I'm sorry but I cursed you out a bit on there because before I went I had promised myself I was not signing up to follow ONE MORE BLOG...and DRAT IT ALL- YOUUUU sent me there. I said I was coming back here to haunt you-so consider yourself "visited"- Hugs- okaybye-Diana

Unknown said...

yowzers! The amount of successful creativity is insane! Absolutely beautiful.

Maddie said...

Oh my gosh! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

WOW....who knew? I do love burlap though....and love your photos....stunning!!! Chrissy

Modern Country Lady said...

That is just amazing, so gorgeous!!
Very inspiring.....

Cassie Bustamante said...

just lovely!!! i wish i had put more thought into my own wedding. this is just stunning.

Kate said...

Hi Cindy
I wish I could have brides that wanted that look out here in Cali, beautiful swoon indeed. Great post, love the eye candy.

hugs
Kate

the old white house said...

simply breathtaking! Theresa xoxo

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Cindy - thanks so much for the post - you made my day. And thanks to everyone who has commented about it - wow - you made me feel so good. I'm so glad you all enjoyed it. I loved working on that wedding and I had great help - I suppose it shows. Thank you again - your kindness has meant so much.

gena said...

Those pictures are gorgeous ! Who knew burlap could be pretty ? ! ?
thanks for sharing !
gena
www.thehouseonlavenderhill.blogspot.com

hilary@oldhousetruelove said...

amazing!

Kelly said...

I've been searching for crafting/decore blogs, and I love yours! I added your button to my page. I am a new homemaker and am having fun crafting and decorating, and I started my first blog over the summer to record the process. Thanks for this blog, and I can't wait to read more!

Kelly
crazywego.blogspot.com

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne Lorys said...

Just beautiful!
Wish I could go back in time and re-style my wedding this way.

Hugs,
Anne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails