11.24.2010

Happy Thanksgiving


My lego fanatic son built us a turkey.....


 I built us a table setting....nothing fancy, but there's a few projects to show ya.


I made the ruffled burlap runner using a tutorial from Confessions of a Plate Addict.  It was hard.  


But it looks cute, and that's what matters. I hope.



Salad plates are thrifted pieces I picked up last year sometime.  Love that aqua and brown!



 The ironstone dinner plates are a set of 11 picked up at the same thrift just last week for $9.  Included a serving platter, 4 salad plates and 11 saucers.  Vintage linen napkins: 10 for $4 at the same thrift. 


Made a fun banner....I have another one to finish tonight that says "Gobble Gobble".


Simple centerpiece of candles and creamy punkins on a thrifted cake plate.




This is the first time we've used our new dining table full size since we bought it in February.  It only came with 6 chairs, so I pulled up the antique bench from the hallway for kiddo's bottoms...





May Thanksgiving Day be full of all your favorite things...for me it's Macy's Day Parade, family, food, and not doing dishes.  I'm thankful for the blog world, for the many talented and sweet friends I've made out here, and  that you find time to read my ramblings now and then.  

17 comments:

Mari said...

That's the cutest little lego turkey EVER! The table is adorable too.

Blessings to you on this special day.

((hugs))

NanaDiana said...

Cindy- It all looks great...and it looks like you got all that work done before the big day! You did good, girl! Happy Thanksgiving to you....love your banners...and your dishes...and your runner. Hugs- Diana

NanaDiana said...

Ooooppss. Meant to add- that Lego turkey is hysterical. I can't tell you how many Legos we stepped on for how many years! Let's just say, for the sake of a number, a kazillion! That is really cute! Hugs- Diana

InMyOwnStyle said...

hi Cindy-

It would not be Thanksgiving to me without the Macy's T-Day Parade. It is a tradition in my family, I was even in it one year when I was in college- lots of fun . I like the not having to do the dishes part, too. My sisters who come to my house figure since I cooked they always clean up.

I hope you have a wonderful day.
My best- Diane

Momma Button said...

Very pretty. Enjoy your holiday.

Tammy said...

Have a great day Cindy. Eat lots and then just veg on that sofa while someone else does the dishes..
tammy

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Oh Cindy, I love your dining room! Looks like you are all set for a wonderful family day. Enjoy!

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

Well first off, a lego turkey? I thought my son had made everything under the sun with legos but he never made one of those... too cute!

LOVE the burlap runner. I've been thinking of doing something similar for my coffee table but am worried that the dogs will walk by and it will go with them... hmmm.

Your thrifty place setting and table look great. I love the combo of brown and aqua as well.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving,
Chris

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

What a lovely table! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Keetha Broyles said...

That is the MOST adorable little turkey I've ever seen. And the ONLY leggo turkey I've ever seen.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Me likey!!! A lot!!! Love the runner (I must make one). Love the banner. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Oh, and tell your son he did a fab job on the turkey.

Unknown said...

Oh wow, love the burlap runner, it turned out beautiful. And the turkey banner is so cute! It all looks great, you're ready.
And great lego turkey!
Happy Thanksgiving
Becky C

Leanne said...

Your table and dishes are beautiful. Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

Junk Exchange said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Love the banner! and the salad plates!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Cindy! I love your banner and your burlap table runner. I have yet to tackle those two things. Sure is looking pretty at your place!
Brenda

Elisabeth said...

What a beautiful dining area and family room, I love it! All the hard work paid off. I esp love the shelf in the dining room.

Luke Holzmann said...

Love the Lego turkey [smile].

~Luke

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails