12.06.2009

Make it for Monday #3


Hello Bloggy friends, and welcome to the third Mi4M!  MckLinky is down at the bottom, and as usual, hook up the url to your POST (not your blog), and link back here using the button code on my side bar or just adding the link somewhere in your post.  I will be forever grateful.  Or at least until Wednesday.

And to let you know ahead of time, I'm heading to Chicago with Hubs today (Sunday) and will return late Monday night, so I won't be able to visit the links till Tuesday....which means highlights will come later in the week :)  AND, if ya can believe it, I get to meet The Coop Keeper and her famous chickens!  If we look beautiful, I'll post pictures.

So here's my offerings this week.  Some of these I've posted already, but it's my blog and well, yeah.

I got these mache stars at Michaels I believe.  I painted them with Elmers Glue, then let it get tacky, and then painted over that with creamy white craft paint (I mixed 3 colors to use up what I had).

 Hung 'em up...and you can watch them crackle as they dry.
 
Then you can display them on your mantle :)
 

Here's some more ornaments I got at Hobby Blobby. 
 

Wrapped those babies in jute twine with some hot glue, and here's they are finished.  And, by the way, those ornament hangers are my FAVORITE find this year....got 'm at the dollar store.  I still have to finish the round ones, but I love the texture they add to the tree.  I may add a white linen bow to the tops.
 

Here's my take on a rag wreath, made from ribbon I've had stashed for years.  Hanging on a wreath hook I snagged thrifting.  Showed this in yesterday's post.
 

 

Lastly, I want to show off the work of my gramma, who passed away in '87.  She crocheted these delicate snowflakes for my mother, who has passed some onto me.  I treasure these, and look forward to placing them on the tree each year.  My pictures don't do them justice (and I was in a hurry trying to get this post ready before we leave today)...but just believe me when I say they are simply stunning in real life.
 

 

 

 
This is my favorite one.  don't my dollar store hooks make them look pretty?
 

I still have more crafting to do this week....finishing up linen stockings with red ticking accents, a few more ornaments, and some berry garlands.  And I have a couple other projects to share that I forgot to take pics of this morning.  Oh, and I need to decorate my little live Norfolk pine in the front window.  Maybe I'll finish before St. Nick appears.....yikes.  EDITED to add that Centsational Girl's Ornament Party is today, and even though I haven't finished some of the ornaments I figured I'd link up what I do have!




Can't wait to see what you've been busy with this week!  Link 'em up....and could someone hand me the pecan tassies and hot cocoa?

17 comments:

Patricia said...

I love them!

Unknown said...

Those are soooo pretty! My mom used to make some like that when we were little. Kinda makes me wonder what happened to them!

deb said...

Prettttyyy!!
*hugs*deb

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Lots of great projects - thanks for sharing. Have a great trip.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

you're such a busy girl! Everything looks great. Thanks for hosting!
gail

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Hi Cindy, I'm new here...:)
Your decorating looks great and thanks for hosting Mi4M!

Natasha in Oz said...

Cindy, these decorations are really beautiful. I was happy to see some of them again!

Thanks for letting me join in with your linky party today-I am very excited about my orange creations!

Best wishes, Natasha.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I love what you did with the HL ornaments! Those hooks??? dollar tree? I must start paying more attention when I go to the dollar tree! geeze!
thanks for hosting!
gail

Katie said...

I love your snowflakes especially because they were made by your Grandma. My Godmother made me a bunch cross stitched ornaments for the first Christmas we were married and they are the most special ones on our tree.

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

You have been busy. I really like the crackle stars you made. I'm sitting here surrounded by boxes of Christmas decorations. I'd better get off my butt and get moving! Thanks for hosting!

Maureen said...

Very pretty. Something you will one day pass along just like your grandmother's crocheted ornaments.

P.S. IMHO - Yes to the linen bows!

Sandra said...

Hello! This is the first time I visit your beautiful blog. I love love your crochet ornmanets. They are so special:) I hope you don't mind that I become a follower of your wonderful blog. I hope you come visit my blog some time and make yourself at home there. :) Have a wonderful evening.
Sandra

Stephanie @ A Fine House said...

Hi! Visiting from Censational Girl's parade of ornaments. I love what you have done with the paper mache ornaments. Isn't paper mache the best? So inexpensive and yet so many possibilities!

Janice aka mom, grandma, said...

thank you for sharing. very cute!

janice

Decor To Adore said...

What great ornaments. I love the crocheted stars.

I hope that you will come by and see the ornaments I made: pearl encrusted star, crystal and button ball and an anthro inspired tree topper.

Nepperess said...

Love the jute ornaments. Just brilliant!

Kate Riley said...

Oh I wanted to link.... garsh. Next time !

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity - I love white stars so much during the holidays, and your jute ornaments are fab ! I must say the heirloom snowflakes are absolutely priceless. Oh how I wish I had some handed down to treasure as well. Nice to meet you today and thanks SO MUCH for linking !

Kate

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails