9.26.2011

Fallishness 2011 Pt. 1: The Mantel

PSSSST...I'm no longer blogging here!
You can now find me at

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Lettered Cottage

So I fallified my mantel and other sundry areas of the cottage.
If you'd like to compare to last years fallification, click HERE


I used stuff I already had, except for the ceramic punkins.


Lookin' in from the dining nook.

If you saw last years fallification, you'll notice I like shutters.
I painted these ones.

I took down the big mirror for the fall to make a big 'cozy' statement.

These wee punkins are metal placecard holders.

Only new purchase, these holey punkins were from Hob Lob.

Glad we didn't take down the hooks from last year's stockings....

One of two specifically Halloweenish things, my wooden crow.
He's admiring my vintage scale and stuff.

Again, the candlesticks I've used for 2 years, made from junk I picked up at the ReStore.

Dried hydrangeas that have played a role in every room, in every season.  
Need to find me some 'limelights' to dry for a new seasonal idea I've got brewing.

You can just get a peek of the window treatment....a work in progress....

Pretend you don't see a burned out light, k?

Not sure why this shot is so yellow...

Here's how it all looks walking into the room, er, standing just outside the doorway, 
squished against the hallway wall with a bitty camera.  
Same diff.
Oh, and the rug is from IKEA, and is supposed to go into the kitchen, but I like the colors in here too.
I was just playin' and forgot to move it for the photo shoot.


Me likey.  You?

Part 2 of my fallishness will continue tomorrow.
Also taking my fallishness to these PARTIES.

15 comments:

Ruth @ White Whimsy said...

I love the shutters on the mantel. I love the whole look. Great job!

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Loving the fall mantle. Come and do mine for me. I think it is beyond help. I like it being for Halloween without screaming it. Great job!

No Place Like Home said...

Hi I'm visiting from the house in the roses. I love your color palette and shutters are the perfect cottage vintage look. You are very creative.

Claudia said...

Love it, love it, love it! Can't wait for part 2.

Momma Button said...

So very cute! Makes me want to go upstairs and change mine.

Amy Kinser said...

Very pretty, Cindy. I have a thing for shutters also. Have one over my mantel...

Jessi said...

Oh, just gorgeous!! I love it all!!

NanaDiana said...

Cindy- I just LOVE it! It looks so inviting and comfortable. Homey and not overdone. I actually LIKE that run in there! And your candlesticks? Restore never looked so good! I can't wait to see Part2. xo Diana

Maureen said...

I likey too!

Roz said...

I love that you didn't use bright orange. Very fresh looking.

Polly said...

love it Cindy!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

It's so pretty,Cindy! Fallish but not heavy. I also appreciate that you didn't do the orange overload thing that so many people do. Nice!

Southwest Cottage Designs said...

What a beautiful room. It looks so cozy. I really like the shutter setting and contrast. Very pretty!

Marianne said...

Glad to see you are up to your old magnificent tricks again. That mantel is looking great. Aren't you happy all over that you 'fixed it up' last year.

Parents of a Dozen said...

Cindy, You did a great job. Looks beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails