8.22.2009

I did it! I did it!

*I'm linking this to Melissa at 320* Sycamore today...we're posting ideas for gift giving. Great inspiration over there from her readers and Melissa herself. Check it out!I am just so tickled! We celebrated my gramma's 92nd birthday today, and I presented her with the above gift. Somewhere in the tangled web of blogs I visit each day, I saw a tute on how to make these adorable clothespins....(EDITED TO ADD: I found it! Visit Kim at Twice Remembered Hers are to. die. for.

Btw, Kim is having her Make Your Monday link party, so I'm going to add this post to the linky lineup. Hope she believes as Anne Shirley does that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ;)
I also found Metamorphosis Monday on Between Naps on the Porch, so I added the fun over there too....although I don't have 'before' pics. I think everyone knows what a clothespin looks like!

Anyway, my gram loves to see pictures of her kids, grandkids, and greatgrandkids, but can't do frames by herself anymore, so I added the twine so she could string up her snapshots on a 'clothesline'. Aren't they cute? Basically spray painted the clothespins, then glued on strips of scrapbook paper, then when they dried, I sanded the edges. Easy peasy and soooo cute!

Gramma loved them (as did mom, sis, sis-in-law, daughter-in-law, and oldest daughter). I love handmade gifts that are not only beautiful but practical. Made anything like that yourself lately?



19 comments:

Rachel said...

Those turned out darling! What a great gift you gave. I started to make some but life got in the way and they are still sitting waiting to be made over. I jut really love the color combinations on yours.

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

they look great!

~Country Lady~ said...

I love these. Great job.

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

I am so honored! I was hoping a few people would make these and post photos...Yours turned out WONDERFULLY! I love the papers you used- so sweet and vintagey, and the twine is a nice touch and makes for a pleasing presentation. No wonder your family loved them...they are lovely! Great job!

Amy'svintagecottage said...

Very cute idea!
Happy bday to your Grama!92 wow!
Amy

Pam @ This Humble House said...

They really are adorable! So happy you still have your G-Ma, too! Great choice of gift!

~ Pam

Cindy said...

What a great and easy idea. I could make those. Hugs, Cindy S.

cindy said...

Thanks for all the compliments ladies!

Jan said...

What a wonderful gift! Easy, functional and oh so thoughtful!

Deborah said...

Oh so terribly cute. I just might have to steal this idea too.

Carrie said...

SOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!! I really, really love this...

Enough that I'll probably steal it from you....who stole it from Kim...hehehe

Melissa said...

These are cute and easy...right up my alley :) thanks for linking up this great little project!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh these are darling! And look pretty simple, too so I may even try them!
Cass

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! Great Gift Idea!!

blessings
mary

Kammy said...

Super cute! I bet your grandma was thrilled !
Kammy

Unknown said...

I love your blog, and those clothespins are so cute, I will be headed to Micheals tomorrow to buy some to make! I found you from funky junk, and I am sure glad that I did!

Missy

Alicia said...

Yours are darling! I love that you painted them first. Thanks for leaving the link!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Cindy... so, so, cute!
gail

The Milkman's Kid said...

Love these! I can't wait to make them for spring gifts! What type of paint and glue did you use?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails