Now then. For my entry this week (and yes, I actually have one) I'm showing off what I've been sewing. I spent hours and hours this weekend at the sewing maching, wearing spectacles, and wielding the seam ripper. I've read and re-read all the ideas about my bedroom in the comments....thanks oodles and oodles, and feel free to give me more ideas!
I went ahead and reworked the bedskirt-turned-valances over my closets into one valance over the bed. I wanted to do a PB knockoff tie up blind, but I didn't have enough fabric for that. I may still cover the blinds tucked up underneath with fabric to make a roman shade, but at this point, I'm calling the window done.
I had to split the second valance lengthwise, attach half to the top for a rod pocket, and the other half to add length at the bottom. I put in a pleat to cover the seam, then hung the rod at ceiling height.
Also removed the head and footboard. Can't believe the difference and visual space created!
Sewed up the two shams with my faded floral and finished the other ruffled pillowcase.
(Some had asked about this fabric...unfortunately it was on a flat-fold remnant table at Hancocks, and there's no identification on it.)
Had just enough left over for a throw pillow on my rattan chair. The seat is simply a euro sham cover laying on top and tucked in the sides.
Switched this taller dresser from my cra(p)ft room with the shorter of the two antique dressers that was sitting by the bed. I'm sure I'll tweak the accessories...just wanted to show ya the potential of this piece :)
I'm considering painting these deep turquoise with a brown glaze. Have to live with it for a bit.
Moved the taller antique dresser next to the bed. Still need stuff on the walls, and I'm hoping to find a rustic antique table for the other side to go with my chair. Also have plans to froofify the lamps a bit. I'm planning to set them up on some things too...so they'll be more even.
(No, you don't see the neighbor's trash can out the window. No, you don't.)
I also put my pale aqua quilt at the bottom of the bed instead of the striped (too small) blanket.
It's coming along. Hubby and I priced bi-folds for the closets. Not cost effective. At this point I think I'm putting long panels at ceiling height. Trying to decide weather to match the walls, the trim, or the duvet on the bed. Decisions, decisions.
In other news, I cut up some vintage sheets I've had for awhile and made them into a window treatment for my cra(p)ft room.
I also organized all my fabric in the china hutch that was my hubby's gramma's piece.
This was the bottom edge of one of the sheets. The rest of it was used for the ruffled pillowcases on my bed. Cotton muslin...made butter soft from years of laundering. Yummy.
This was the bottom of a second sheet. If you look close, you can see stains and the area I had to stitch the crochet-work back on. I realized too late I used ecru colored thread instead of white. Ah well.